Thursday, May 22, 2014

Renegade Seamstress Inspired Shirt

One of my friends is an amazing knitter and made me a fabulous pair of mittens with DNA helixes on them for the cabling.  So cute and nerdy!  To repay her, I wanted to refashion her a shirt.  She picked a medium tan basic cotton tee that I forgot to take a before picture of. :(

I wanted to try my hand at dying, so with her permission I tossed the shirt in a steaming pot of half navy blue, half teal RIT dye.  When it came out I sliced it and resewed, creating a seam that was meant to give the illusion of it being a wrap.  I removed the sleeves and cut a new neckline because she wanted a tank top.  Then, inspired by The Renegade Seamstress's piece here, I got to pining and sewing.  And here's my friend modeling the result!




 
The dye job ended up uneven, but she and I both liked it that way.  Artistic pintucks are lots of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment